Thursday, September 3, 2009

Where Did The Summer GO!?

Sorry for my absents. I couldn't seem to keep up with the events that took place this summer.
Wow! Summer seemed to be a whirlwind that was here and gone in a hurry. I'll keep it short and simple...
*June...Kitchen flooded. (Dishwasher is to blame.)
No big deal, right?
Can you say Asbestos?
Apparently it was underneath the sopping wet, flooded hardwood floors. The sub flooring in my house had asbestos in it. We had to hire a company to safely remove the flooring down to the bare bones. Yeah...I could see the ceiling of the basement in my kitchen.
*My son kicked a soccer ball through the kitchen window...ouch!
Time to replace the window anyway, right! lol.
*July...Good News...excuse to remodel!
Don't worry that the floors were only 3 years old and I kinda liked 'em. We had a major mess on our hands!!! What use to be hardwood is now a beautiful tiled kitchen. What use to be a wall that divided the kitchen from the living room...GONE. I now have wide open spaces. A nice new pantry made it's home in place of the wall.
*My son broke his nose while we were on our family vacation. Another OUCH!

I think this is the 1st school year that I have welcomed it with Open Arms. Life seems to be somewhat back to normal for now. (knock on wood.)
Be Back Very Soon.

6 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

i WANT TO SEE PICS OF THE NEW REMODEL. WHAT EVER HAPPENED WITH THE NOSE? YOU NEVER CALLED SO I ASSUMED YOU DIDN'T NEED MY EXPERTISE AT THE DOC OFFICE.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back. Sorry about all the mishap going on in you life but your kitchen looks nice. Yes, I peeked in when we went to pick up your dogs to babysit. I like the new style!!!

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Ohhh. Sorry about all the trouble. I sure know what it is like to have everything get a way from you! I'm not so glad that winter is on its way, but I am glad to be back to blogging. Best wishes.

Danielle

AnniKae said...

Meg...I TOTALLY needed your expertise. We had to reschedule because I wimped out.
Rhonda...Stop by anytime.
Danielle...It turned out to be more of an opportunity to redecorate. oh...and I hear you about the dreaded winter just around the corner. You're right...time to snuggle up and blog the winter blues away.
Me,
Anni Kae

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Where you at girl?

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

summer is hot, busy, and fast,
now it is new year,
within 5 month, it is summer again,
time flies like rockets...

Great post.

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/jingle/
welcome.